Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 11/365

 Day 11- An owl hiding... (f/5.6 1/500 200)
I did have to crop this photo. I took it from the car. I tried to get a little closer, but as soon as the owl heard my door... it took off. Sad for me, but good for The Girl who was able to see it at the point it took off... she didn't see it while it was just sitting there! Anyway, it's not the best owl shot, but happy to have captured an owl without the myseterious smoke screen! (BTW, thanks to those who pointed out it was probably caused by going from warm to hot... DUH!! I was in a warm car, got out into the cold air... didn't even think of that possibility! AND I was a science geek before the kids came along!)

Yet another BONUS: OK... Just had to share this. I can see deer pretty much any day of the week if I wanted. They are very abundant at several of our local parks. I'm just amazed at how close they let you get... and I'm loving my new zoom capabilities (250mm... though I do admit I wish I had even more). Just look at the tongue... AMAZING!
(f/5.6 1/125 200)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

These are so cool. I'm not good at wildlife photography but hope to one day gets some awesome shots like these!

Martha said...

Nice! I love the glowing deer haunches. And I love that you got an owl!

Audrey @ Foreclosed to Fabulous said...

Love, love, love!! Amazing shots today!!!

Sarah Halstead said...

Wow! These are great!

Kimberly said...

Stopping by from naptimemomtog's P365 blog hop.

Your photos are good. Glad to hear you are playing in manual mode. Once you get started, you get hooked. At least that's what happened to me.

Blessings,
Kimberly
http://venselfamilyproject365.blogspot.com/
http://kimberlysperspective.blogspot.com/

Seizing My Day said...

Wow!! Loving the owl shot!! we have an owl who who whooooo talks to us at night ... regularly... living behind our house... I have yet to lay eyes on him in nearly 4 years!! sheesh! ;)