Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 13/365 - Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Memories- Went on my first Scavenger Hunt Sunday with The Boy. He took my old point-n-shoot camera and collected his own hunt photos with me. Going on photo walks with The Boy always turn into fun memories for both of us! (f/5.6 1/125 400)


Ni Hao Yall

Silhouette- My first attempt at capturing a silhouette on purpose! I wish the background was a little less busy, but I think The Girl looks great! (f/5.6 1/4000 100)
Doorways- Had high hopes for this idea! It just didn't turn out quite like I wanted it too. (f/5.6 1/6 800) (Question... if you want to take an indoor shot and avoid using the flash, is there a ideal way to balance the aperture, ISO, and shutter speed without having such a S-L-O-W shutter speed? Or is there something else I could be doing? Just thought I'd ask anyone who might happen by...)
 Reflection- Yeah... we've been playing Princesses today! It's on my mind... (f/5.6 1/4 400)
Silver- Really this one could cover all but silhouette for me. It's the first thing that came to mind when I saw silver. I used to play... it brings back many memories. I should really polish her up and start playing again!! (f/5.6 1/40 400)

So... instead of one photo today for my Project 365... I'm going with 5! It's been fun finding inspiration using prompts rather than just whatever catches my eye. Definitely a new challenge and one I've enjoyed...


 



Oh... all of these captures are SOOC... so I'll be participating in Murrieta365's SOOC Sunday too!



19 comments:

Jodi Lebrun said...

Fun! Love the one with Barbie looking at herself. Found you through 'Sunday Snapshot' and am following you!

http://livinglifephotographically.blogspot.com/2011/01/this-is-special-moment-that-i-captured.html

Jan said...

Great collection, I especially like the last one.

Ashley Sisk said...

Wonderful shots this week - I especially love your silhouette and the last shot for silver. Have a great week. I look forward to seeing your shots next week!

Simone said...

Your silver shot is great, just love the detail in it! It was fun attempting silhouettes wasnt it, just love the way yours turned out.

Grace said...

I personally liked your doorway. The colors in the back ground kind of drew the viewer in and it looked warm and inviting. Barbie is always the perfect hostess isn't she?

Buckeroomama said...

Wow, look at your silhouette shot... just awesome! I really love it, as I do your Silver shot. :)

Seizing My Day said...

fun pics today... the barbie shots are so funny... only WHO on earth is she sitting with in that doorway? ha ha!

love your silhouette!

jillconyers said...

Fun interpretations this week. Love the reflections and silhouette shots.

Carletta said...

Love them all! I smiled at the doorways and reflection shots and thought what get interpretations.
I have two little granddaughters and your silhouette shot is adorable. Great light.

Thanks for visiting my first entry.

Beth P. said...

Oh! I have a silver trumpet too! Why in the world didn't I think of that?! Very cool shot!

Love the silhouette too, beautiful!

Audrey @ Foreclosed to Fabulous said...

:-)) Great shots as always!

MarieElizabeth said...

These are adorable - especially Barbie. The trumpet brought back memories for me too - great idea.

julie said...

How creative...love your silhouette shot!!

Life with Kaishon said...

Love your little scavenger hunt partner. He is a gem : ) My son loves to take pictures also. It is fun to have him along : ) He helped me shoot a wedding in December. That was interesting to say the least : )

Cate said...

You did well for your first go too!! Love the barbie shots (I had a whole stack of those I could have used too that my 9y.o. took once when I wasn't looking :-)
xxxCate

The Clip Cafe said...

Brilliant collection! I love them all :-)

Stefanie said...

Nice job!
Is 5.6 the lowest your aperture can go? If you can lower that, you can up your shutter speed a bit for those tougher indoor shots :)
Love your images, so glad you linked up this week!

Sarah Halstead said...

Great photos. Love your silver shot. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

snapshots2011 said...

I love how you get the kids involved as well-- what great memories!
And the Barbie shots are hysterical- who knew Barbie and Iron Man were friends?