Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 20/365 - Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Another week gone by... I can hardly believe February is already at our doorstep. Anyway, it's Sunday now and since I had so much fun doing the Scavenger Hunt Sunday last week, I decided to do it again!! This time BOTH my kiddos helped... while we shopped at Costco!! Of course, I didn't find everything there: the fog, was found outside our window while we were getting dressed to go to Costco and the Seventies, well ummm... I forgot about that one until I got home. Anyway, here's the day's finds... ENJOY!
FOG- (f/10 1/60 100) Like I said... this was taken from one of our windows this morning. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to capture fog today, but I got lucky and saw a little when I peeked out the window!
TEXTURE- (f/5.6 1/320 100) I've always LOVED Cattails. We did a quick drive through one of our favorite parks on the way to Costco... and this particular bunch caught my eye!
BEVERAGE- (f/4.0 1/80 800) BIG coffee grinder at Costco... Mmmm... coffee! The Kids LOVE this big machine... and they know I LOVE to drink coffee, so of course it caught our eye today!
(f/4.0 1/80 800)
MORE TEXTURE- (f/4.0 1/125 800) OK... so I know I already put texture on here, but I decided to add more for two reasons. First, these were found by The Kids at Costco! Second, I so need some color... I'm ready for SPRING I think... hoping Punxsutawney Phil doesn't see his shadow on Wednesday!!!!
BUTTON(S)- (f/4.5 1/100 800) The Kids LOVE to push buttons while we're at stores, especially if they make noise!!! This one was all their idea... I would've gone looking for buttons on clothes!! =)
SEVENTIES- (f/5.6 1/125 100 w/ diffused flash) So... this one had me stumped and the kids were really no help since they really know NOTHING about the seventies!!! Anyway, I was switching the laundry and these boots caught my eye. They have a seventies feel I think... and the dress The Girl chose to wear today does too. Or maybe I'm stretching it a bit??!! =)

Thanks for stopping by... and be sure to visit other Scavenger Hunters!!

15 comments:

Style Attic said...

Those flowers are so pretty and I love them on the boots too. Peace to you, love the shots and have a happy day!

Sweepy said...

Woof Gretchen!
I think I like cattails.
The cat tails I see around me are quite sneaky. That is, the cat that go with the tail! Arf!

But I like it because it reminds me of sausages on a stick.

Ashley Sisk said...

Nicely done - I really like your fog shot.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

I have fond memories of getting my dad to stop the car along side the road, so he could jump out and cut a few cattails for my sister and I. Still one of my favorites.

Marla said...

Great shots. The fog one is neat.

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Beverage and buttons are so creative!

Anne U said...

Great texture shots.

Melissa said...

Love your scavenger hunt photos! I had not seen one of these before. Love it!

julie said...

Great interpretations! Love your texture shot!

Buckeroomama said...

The cattails are great.. and I love that you showed the coffee grinder for your Beverage shot. Great interpretations!

Audrey @ Foreclosed to Fabulous said...

These are great! I love the cattails and fog shot as well :-)

Kathleen said...

Love your seventies shot, and what a neat take on beverages!

Simone said...

Your catstails are gorgeous. I would love to have some of those - great texture! I thought your buttons shot was clever - exactly what the scavenger hunt is all about!

Carletta said...

Love the texture shot - texture and wonderful color!
The seventies is precious! I have two granddaughters who have similar boots. They love them. Paisley was always a favorite of mine in the 70's.

Seizing My Day said...

Great beverage shot!! Love coffee anything! ;) also love the flower shots... =) visiting late... from the linky!! =)