Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 26/365

 
Day 26- (f/5.6 1/8 1600) Precious moments.
For the Willette Joy of Love class, I was supposed to capture something I love to hate about my loved one(s). Well... I did, but before I shared it I wanted to share a moment of sweetness... a moment to love about my loved ones! (I realize the focus of this picture is out of whack... my shutter speed was way too low, but the lighting was again causing me problems. Anyone passing by know of some good reading for taking indoor pictures with horrible available lighting?!)

AND now...
dirty socks... that is one of the things I love to hate about my loved ones! My Mr. Wonderful, The Boy, and The Girl... all of them do it. Socks left everywhere. Just when I think I've collected them all... another shows up. UGH!
I also took a free moment to play with camera settings... as per a class suggestion. I figured out how to change the focal points of my camera WHILE looking through the viewfinder (I knew how to do it previously, but only when I was looking at the LCD screen... haha). In these pictures, the front is referring to focus placed on the front sock while back has focus placed on the back sock. I also played around with the metering. I think definitely for shots focusing on something, the spot metering seems to make sense. I'll have to test again on some outdoor shots...

I'm having so much fun learning more about my camera... I love these prompts to make me think. AND the little lessons on using your camera are forcing me to play more with the camera settings... learning them. The whole point of starting this Project 365 in the first place! Anyway, if you've been seeing these class projects around the blogosphere and want to join in... you still CAN!! Just head over to Willette Designs to get more information.

OH YEAH...
TOYS... UGH!

2 comments:

Audrey @ Foreclosed to Fabulous said...

Great moment you shot! Not the socks or toys, lol!

Audrey @ Foreclosed to Fabulous said...

I meant that the socks and toys weren't great, not that your shots weren't,lol!