Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 32/365

Day 32/365- (f/5.6 1/1250 100) Another hawk.
So... I think I like to take pictures of birds. REALLY it's probably that I like to try to take pictures with my newly acquired zoom capabilities (55-250mm)!! BUT I have fun looking for these birds too... especially the BIG birds! I'm not really sure what this one is... I'm guessing maybe a Cooper's Hawk again. I was much closer to this one... and it looks very cool. The shot is pretty much SOOC... I did have to crop just a tiny bit.

Even better.......
(f/5.6 1/800 100) I got around the other side of the tree to take another picture of this beautiful fella, when my darling daughter let out a blood-curdling scream... scared this big guy right out of his tree, BUT I got to capture it! =) (Is it bad that I was ignoring The Girl so I could take pictures? Maybe. BUT she was throwing a fit 'cause I told her she couldn't have fries today... there was no reasoning with her... so instead I clicked away!) Anyway, I'm happy... she's now happy... all is good! (OH... BTW, I was in my car for these pictures... in a parking lot... just in case you were wondering!)

OH... I've been slacking on my Willette free course assignments... tomorrow I will post some catch up photos. I just needed a little break! I have been TAKING the pictures... just not posting on here.

4 comments:

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

I enjoy birding. Soon we'll have the Spring migration here. Last year on one day I witnessed over 30 different species of birds in one area. I am looking forward to it this year again.

yes, I too believe this to be a Cooper's.

Audrey @ Foreclosed to Fabulous said...

Seriously AWESOME shot on the 2nd photo!! Way to go screaming little one ;-)

Sarah Halstead said...

Wonderful photos. Love the ring shot. I have been slacking too. Ha ha. Thanks for linking up.

Meg said...

Awesome!! I have so been slacking on Joy of Love, too! I really enjoy your pictures of birds. You seem to have so many interesting varieties near you. :)