Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 36/365

So... today I'm playing with Photoshop Elements. I signed up for Kim Kassen's Skinny-Mini eCourse. It's a 10 part course to teach the basics of Photoshop Elements (and the full blown CS too). I've been trying out a free trial of Elements 9... so this is perfect for me. I'd love to learn how to edit my captures... so, I'm trying this FREE class out. I think I've already decided that I'm going to purchase Elements 9, so I might as well learn how to use it! I like learning new tricks! AND Kim Klassen is a genius with photoshopping her photos... who better to learn from?! (FYI... you can register for this class until Wednesday, February 16th!)

Anyway, today's lesson was to play with cropping and adding text...
The Girl and I got all girly today and painted toenails. I'm not ever going to be a nail tech, but we had fun! AND we're ready to wear sandals now... hoping the temps go up enough to let us! =)
AND this is one of my Valentine goodies... my Mr. Wonderful did good! =)

SO... what do you think? I think I got a lot to learn!!!!! =P

8 comments:

The Clip Cafe said...

I love them. The first one is fun and the second is just dreamy. I love flowers.

Marla said...

Great shots. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

I have taken Kim's class before and it was wonderful. I learned so much about Photoshop. I even signed up again to review and refresh my memories. So much fun!

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

I think you did great with these two photos.. I'm taking the class too...my problem is I like Picasa so much that I have to make myself fool around with pse...I also downloaded 9 but I actually have 8...
See ya!!

Audrey @ Foreclosed to Fabulous said...

Awesome!! You are looking good with your photos and Photoshop :-)

Michelle said...

I love the first shop with the whimsical toenails. I may have to get the polish out! :)

That course sounds like fun. I wonder if it's too late to sign up. I'm off to go check it out.

Michelle said...

Just wanted to stop by again to tell you that I'm in the class. Thanks so much for sharing the info and the link. I can't tell you how excited I am about this!

snapshots2011 said...

I'm in the class with you as well-- I agree- she is great!
I love both pictures and the text you picked to accompany them- perfect!