Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 45/365

Day 45- Playing with PSE... for Photoshop Skinny-Mini's Day 6 Homework
I took this picture a couple weeks ago (it's of fallen branches piled in a tee pee-like pile... pretty sure the park crew did it)... and today I tweaked it. I definitely like it better than the original...
Of course that one was quite bleached. I adjusted levels a bit, then added Kim's February Magic. It's definitely fun playing with textures, but I've got LOTS to learn!

So, I've played some more...
This was taken the same day as the previous shot. (I used sweettreat, greyday vintage, and februarymagic textures... all from Kim Klassen.) This one I'm not so sold on... just doesn't seem right.
AND then... since I had some pictures from today... I had to play a little more!
It's a pinch cup that The Boy made in art class! I think it's adorable... =D (I used sweettreat from Kim Klassen.)
 So there you have it... my first tries at using textures. If you are passing by... feel free to give me feedback!

8 comments:

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

great job with the edits, textures are so addicting. Kim's class is awesome. I learned so much taking it.

The Clip Cafe said...

haha love the face in the stepping in puddle shot! Great edits.

deb duty said...

Very cute standing in the puddle and snow and love the little cup!

Sarah Halstead said...

Great edits. Too cute.

snapshots2011 said...

I think you did a wonderful job! Isn't Kim's class the best- I learned so much!
I think your second one is my favorite- the composition, the subject, the texture- everything is great!

Meg said...

Oh, that's just so cute! (The cup your son made!) And I really like the one of The Girl in the puddle, her smile is so sweet! Like "Mom's letting me do something she normally wouldn't do because she's got the camera!"

Angee said...

I love the puddle shot.

Audrey @ Foreclosed to Fabulous said...

The textures are great!! I need to learn them!!!