Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 49/365

Day 49 - Birds
So... I took the kids for a quick drive through the park today... it was BEAUTIFUL today (though a little cold) and I needed to get my fix! I've always liked hanging at parks... I find peace there. Now with my hustle bustle life I don't get there as often as I like, BUT I have found a few parks that I can drive through pretty regularly. It works for me! I get a quick breath of fresh air... and USUALLY I can find things that make me happy to look at (and capture with the camera). Today... it was birds (and deer... and a mangy looking raccoon... but I'm focusing on the birds here!). Started with a BIG group of Gulls hanging in a gravel parking lot... the kids were cracking up when we drove up and they flew off, then came right back, and walked around our car as if not bothered at all by us (well, slightly annoyed maybe). AND there was the squawking... THAT sent The Girl into hysterics! =D


 And finally, a Red-winged Blackbird captured while singing to... umm... ME!! =)

Photobucket

9 comments:

The Clip Cafe said...

Lovely birds. They are different gulls to what we have here - much prettier! Love the other bird too.

nic said...

i've never seen a red winged blackbird--what a gorgeous feathered fellow! that serenade would most definitely rank high on my list of happiness too.

Petra said...

Love the shot of the gull walking away from you, how you've captured the transparency of the foot and the nice depth of field. Great job :)

snapshots2011 said...

I love the third one-- he looks like he's just going for a nice leisurly stroll...lol

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

awesome catch of the red wing,

Michelle said...

I have a thing for bird photos...love all of these. The composition of the first one with them standing in a line couldn't be better. Your sharpness and clarity is AMAZING (especially for the second and third pics)! One looks like he could walk into the photo, the other looks like he could walk right out. They almot look like they're real instead of a photograph.

Melissa said...

I love bird photos too! These are great - I really like the one where the gull is walking away, and the webbing in his foot. The light is perfect!

Meg said...

Awesome!! :) Thank you so much for linking up this week, Gretchen!! :)

Audrey @ Foreclosed to Fabulous said...

Amazing as always :-)