Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 59/365

Day 59- Lots of rain = high waters
This is a boat ramp... but the water is up to the parking lot. I've taken pictures from that little clump of trees in the center, right of the photo. (Tried to find a before pic, but none were quite from the right angle.)
This is from some backwater/wetland areas. I used to work in wetlands... a long time ago... their beauty still doesn't escape me!
Some ducks in a pond? Nope. A BIG puddle caused by all the rain. Those are The Kids on the other side... waiting to get to those ducks...
BUT the ducks got away! I tried to crop the kids faces... a little blurry, but LOVE the joy/amazement/surprise of The Kids! LOVE it!

And, on an unrelated note...
we had lunch with a little friend of The Girl today... and THIS is what he wanted! =P

So... today was still a bit gray, but we're learning to EMBRACE it! The sun will return one day soon... but can't sit around the house waiting for it. =)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Lol...about the pickles and ice cream! Great photos...especially of your kids with the ducks. I really like the third photo where you included their feet. I think I would have tried to just get the water...which would have been a mistake. You have a great eye for composition.

snapshots2011 said...

I love how you went with the rainy day and got some great shots!
And pickles and ice cream- yummmy- two of my favorite foods! lol

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Glad you decide to go ahead and get out. Sometimes you just need to see something beyond the 4 walls.

Flower Photography said...

Great post. Love the dropped shot and sorry but ewwww! to pickle on ice cream! :-S

Meg said...

Pickles and Ice Cream? LOL.

I love that one of The Kids, and how you placed the crop next to the original picture. Great idea! :)

Sarah Halstead said...

ha ha! pickles ans icecream. fun photos!