Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 61/365 - Scavenger Hunt Sunday

Day 61- Another Scavenger Hunt Sunday...
Here it is Sunday again. Once it gets here, it seems like the week has FLOWN by. Sometimes though, the weeks seem to DRAG. It's probably just that the weekend has FLOWN! Anyway, without further rambling... here are my interpretations for the week.
Vanishing Point- This was taken yesterday. I thought about doing a road, a trail, the river, etc. for vanishing point, BUT then I saw this shot and I knew it was what I wanted! These were yummy cupcakes gifted to me that helped make my day extra bright yesterday!!! =D
Square Crop- So... I took this to mean... crop a picture to the square size. So that's what I did with this most beautiful bird The Kids and I found while tromping through the forest today. I THINK this little guy is a Downy Woodpecker. He's a little blurry... we couldn't get quite close enough for a "perfect" shot, but I'm happy to at least have captured him!
Under- AND under the water we found these! Frog eggs!!! I LOVE that we found some... 'cause it's a sure sign that spring has sprung, right?! =D
Photography love...

"Welcome to the Jungle"- Couldn't quite decide which to pick. The first picture a vine. I imagine LOTS of vines in jungles... so they make me think jungle. The second.... my wild... uh... whatever The Boy is being... in the "jungle!" I can't believe I messed up the focus on his face though. Bummer!
Calm- Water running has always calmed me. THIS is one of my most favorite local spots to go when I need to get calm. I sit and listen to the running water. The kids sit and play in the water. It works for all of us!!!

So... there are my interpretations for the week. Feel free to go look at other interpretations at Ashley's Ramblings and Photos! Thanks for stopping by!!!


15 comments:

Kimberly said...

Great photos! The bird is beautiful! And the frog eggs are so cool!

Robyn said...

Love your calm shot, it really is a calming photo.

Heidi said...

FROG EGGS? So cool that you caught that-and that woodpecker too. Neat pictures, thanks for sharing!

Ashley Sisk said...

Very nicely done- your under shot is so cool!

Jackie said...

I love your under shot!!! It is amazing!!! I wish I had a place like that to go! It looks like a wonderful place. Thanks for stopping by!

Flower Photography said...

These are really nice but I keep going back to yesterdays shot......I really wannnnnnnnnnt some!!! :-)

Point & Shoot said...

Great vanishing point ..makes me want a cupcake

julie said...

Great shots...very cool frog eggs!!

Michelle said...

Gretchen, these are all wonderful. Love the jungle shots, the frog eggs (how cool is that?!?!), and the vanishing point. Those cupcakes would vanish very quickly around here! :)

zippitypow said...

Love love love your shots! Maybe its the cupcakes that pulled me in...! The frog eggs are soooo cool!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

cool frog eggs, nice find

rapunzel said...

Great captures. Love the woodpecker. Giggled at the under shot because at first I thot it was a gator under the water.

Audrey @ Foreclosed to Fabulous said...

Love em all! Love the running water picture too! You will have to tell me where that spot is!

Sarah Halstead said...

Great photos. Neat frog egg photo. Love the last one too.

Melissa said...

These are wonderful shots. I love all your interpretations, especially "Under," and your son in "Welcome to the Jungle" (I can so relate)!