Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 66/365

Day 66- More signs of spring... FOUND!
Not sure what these are... some sort of weed (maybe Hairy Bittercress). They're everywhere at the moment. This bunch caught my eye today. Kind of dreamy I think!
Bag Worm. Eww I know, but I find their cases quite amazing. If they build on the tree/bush they are using material from, you might NEVER see it. It blends quite nicely. This one is not so hidden, but still pretty cool. AND if I don't see the "worm" inside... I'm ok with it! (The worm inside is pretty ugly... a little black thing if I remember correctly.)
Liriope... I think... or maybe a grape hyacinth? I found this blooming in my yard today! So happy to find a new flower blooming!!! =D
These are so bright and fun! I'm not sure what type of tree this is... I'm guessing red maple. I was going to look it up, but I'm getting tired... and I'm just not up for it. I'll do it soon...
Ah... the stink bugs. ={ Actually we have been finding these off and on in the house all winter. I'm suspecting they will get worse as the spring continues to come. Bummer. They really are quite ugly.
AND finally... the progress of our lilac bush. I'm so happy to be finding green and other colors out there. More and more everyday! The temps today were perfect too. The kind of day you want to just be out in... which is just what I did!! =)

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Ahhhhh...spring. You captured it nicely. My favorites are the lilacs, the purple flower, and the really interesting bag worm. I don't think I've ever seen one before.

Oh...and the blossoms are from a red maple (my daughter calls them fireworks trees). I think they're beautiful!

Flower Photography said...

Love your captures of spring - so fresh and pretty. Never heard of a bag worm - interesting!

Melissa said...

Love all your shots of spring! The worm casing is fascinating and beautiful! Looking forward to more progress of the lilacs!

snapshots2011 said...

Love the colors of that third flower and the fourth one is so funky- I love it!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

love all your blooms, you're about a week ahead of us. I have been finding stink bugs in the house too! They creep me out. I've not had them in the house before this year. What's up with that??