Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 70/365 - Week 3: 52 Weeks of Happiness

Day 70- Look what opened today!!!!!!
Not many of the buds opened, BUT a few did. AND I was so, so, SO EXCITED!!! These are from the Bradford Pear tree in our yard. I LOVE it. My Mr. Wonderful... thinks it's pretty, but says it smells like fish. He's not as excited about the blooms as I am!
Had to go take a closer look at our flowering crabapple tree (at least that's what I THINK it is) too. It's getting closer to it's blooming too!
While I was taking pics of the trees... I saw this little guy. A House Finch (?). He was not playing with me... didn't want to be captured, but sure was singing up a storm for me and The Girl!
AND then... 'cause I've been having fun with making them... here's a new collection/story board of The Girl. We saw our first butterflies today... do you see it in the top-right shot?! I tried to capture her trying to capture one of them!! (Not sure I'll make these every week, BUT I might.)

It's so hard to believe that at the moment... they're predicting snow for Sunday. Really? REALLY?! I usually like snow, but right now I'm totally in spring mode. I'm hoping our blooms don't get ruined by a freeze...

6 comments:

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

how wonderful to see buds! I feel your pain we're expecting snow tomorrow ugghh

Michelle said...

Gretchen, these are wonderful! I love the blooms, and I like the story board, too. I think they're so much fun the way you put them together.

Sorry about the snow...I hope it misses you. My family in MN is expecting a blizzard today that's forcast to drop 19 inches. At least you won't have that much!!!

Courtney said...

Wow! Your bird shot looks awfully sharp for a bird who didn't want to be photographed :O) The flower shots look great!

Danyelle said...

Your blooms are so pretty.

Flower Photography said...

Such a great season! I hope it stays and no more snow for you. Though snow pics are nice too :-)

Meg said...

LOVE these pictures!!! Thank you so much for linking up to my Project365, Gretchen. You always leave such nice comments ~ thank you so much! :)