Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 71/365

Day 71- Ahhhh... the Cherry Blossom!
Guess it might be time to head down to the city before they get blown down! One of my favorite times of the year to head down!! =)
Saw some of these while walking some with The Girl today. Tried to figure out what they are... no clue. Anyone help me out on this mystery?! I like them!
Cracked soil... this was all flooded recently. The waters have gone down... mostly. And we're left with mud and cracked soil. The Girl LOVED testing it out with her boots... the boots she wears EVERYDAY even though we've really had one snowfall worthy of snow-boots. Whatever makes her happy right?!
Wasn't looking for deer, but these guys jumped out at me... REALLY. They crossed the road right in front of us... were on both sides of us. SO CLOSE we could almost reach out and pet them! Instead I had to "shoot" them!! =)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow...Gretchen. I love these. Glad you got to "shoot" the deer...such great captures. It's fun seeing them up close like that. I have no idea what that purple flower is, but it's very interesting. As always, I enjoyed my visit. I love your blog!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Looks like spring is breaking out in your area too, Gretchen. Love the cherry blossoms. I don't think we have any down here. They're beautiful.

Flower Photography said...

Hahaha love you play on words! They are cute deer. Nice markings. No idea what that flower if but gorgeous, both are. I really like the cracked ground too.

snapshots2011 said...

I LOVE the cherry blossoms! I can't wait to see more pictures of them!

flojomo said...

mmmm cherry blossom, spring has definitely sprung. great shots.

Kimberly said...

Great photos! A friend and I were talking about heading to DC to see the cherry blossoms next month. Not sure I can squeeze it in though - busy month already. I have no idea what the purple flowers are but they are beautiful!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

cherry blooms are beautiful, I wanted to get to DC this year however it will have to wait for another. I will enjoy it through your photos.

Meg said...

LOL "Shooting deer". :)

My girls are already like that (they're 3) with shoes. We have one pair of purple Fancy Nancy shoes that everyone always wants to be wearing. :)

Love the blossoms/flowers ~ I don't know what that second one is. I initially thought Phlox, but I don't think that's right. We have some at our house but it's not even out of the ground yet. :)