Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 76/365

Day 76- Iwo Jima
Today we set out to see the Cherry Blossoms. Wanted a fun outside activity since the weather was spectacular! Unfortunately... everyone else set out to do the same. We spent an hour trying to find a parking spot (we usually metro in, but thought we'd try to drive today)...
then gave up the search and headed over to Iwo Jima. It was a good call. No crowds. Beautiful flowers...
Wonderful views of the city. We were all happy!

NOTE: My Mr. Wonderful lost his dad last week. That is why I needed to take last week off from my Project 365.  My father-in-law was a wonderful man one who lived life as best as he could. He loved his family and his friends. I haven't the words to express my sorrows yet... I just know I will greatly miss him... and so will all those who knew him.

6 comments:

Flower Photography said...

Great shots. Best wishes at this time, glad you have such wonderful memories of him to comfort you xx

flojomo said...

So sorry for your loss.

your shots are fab!

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures. The second one really conveys strong emotion.

So sorry about the loss of your father-in-law. There are no words when something like this happens. :::Praying for strength and peace for your family:::

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

so sorry for your loss

Iwo Jima statue is always so moving, a wonderful tribute to all our service men and women

Kimberly said...

Gretchen,
I'm so sorry for your loss! Praying for God to comfort you and your family during this difficult time.

Meg said...

These are beautiful pictures!! I'm so sorry for your husband's loss. I will keep you all in my prayers.