Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 86/365

Day 86- Wedding Veil and a BIG bird
Today I took pictures in the morning while The Girl rode her tricycle... in her dress-up wedding veil... with her wonderfully clashing clothes on!! How wonderful is that?!
We spent MOST of the day outside today since it was BEAUTIFUL! This morning we needed jackets, by lunch time we were in t-shirts, and by late afternoon we could've worn shorts. LOVELY! Anyway, I just had to share The Girl's morning adventures. She went bike riding and butterfly hunting. I wasn't going to share any other pictures besides those... I promise! BUT then I ran into this guy...
AND how could I not share him too?! He let me get SO CLOSE (I'm used my 55-250 mm lens, but I wasn't extended all the way... I forgot to check what it was set at)! I love the details I was able to capture. What's amazing? I had The Kids with me. Crazy bird.
When I was finally getting ready to leave, he started diving for food. I was caught off guard since I was chatting with a neighbor (yes, this guy was visiting the neighborhood)... so this feeding/drying off sequence is a little blurry. But you get the point. Very cool!
AND... this might be my favorite color-wise. I think the sun was in the right position... this is SOOC. He's a little further from me in this shot, but I like it! So... all in all... I had a great picture day today! It helps that the weather took a rain break!!! Tomorrow should be good too I think! =D

6 comments:

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

such a beautiful bride and I just love the limo!

perfect catch of the great blue heron

Kimberly said...

Great photos! I love her veil and mismatched clothes! So sweet!

And what a cool heron! I'm hoping to see one this spring/summer at a local lake. One usually hangs out there.

Flower Photography said...

Oh the bride!! lol And what a big bird that is!

Meg said...

What a great bird!! I can't believe it let you get so close! :) Cute pictures of The Girl. :)

hipchicagomom said...

The first one is hilarious! LOL! It's so cute! The bird is just a simply amazing shot, GREAT JOB!!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Too cute. Looks like you had a fun day.