Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 87/365

Day 87- Lil' Surprises!
Today I went on a 3 mile run with my Mr. Wonderful. We took a new trail... and got a WONDERFUL surprise!!! We found this little waterfall. So, no... I didn't have my camera in tow on the run. How did I get the photos then?? I dragged my kiddos back to the spot later in the day! Hehe!
The Kids enjoyed themselves and say they think the hike (about a mile to a mile and half to the falls) was well worth it. The were able to throw rocks in to the water, find shells on a sandy "beach," and cross a bridge (ALWAYS a fun activity for The Kids)!
Here they are with their spoils... shells in their nets (bought to catch butterflies, but shells work too right?!). All-in-all a good way to spend our last day before the rain blows in again... =)

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I was going to ask how you run with your camera. Ouch! :) I know I can't run with mine. Unless I feel like being all bruised up by the end of my run. :)

What a great find! Beautiful waterfall! I would have dragged my kids back to it also. :)

Flower Photography said...

Oh same i would have done that - gone back. And it looks like a great spot!

Meg said...

Oh that last picture is just precious!! :)

snapshots2011 said...

Double workout for you-- success!
The pictures are great- looks like you had a good time. Its always fun to find a new spot in town!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

nice find ~ bet you'll be back there again

hipchicagomom said...

Your kids look like they were sooo happy with you bringing them back there! Great captures!