Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 98/365

Day 98- Dreaming of strawberries
This is MY strawberry. Well, not yet, but I'm claiming the strawberry that this will become! Hoping the squirrels/other strawberry stealing critters understand and leave it there for me!
So... quick question/poll for anyone who might stop by... do you prefer flower close-ups that focus in on the petals OR...
the pistil/stamen? I can't decide which I like better. Maybe there's a better way? Maybe it just depends on the mood? Just thought I'd ask.
AND finally... I noticed today that my rose "bush" (more like sprawl) has buds!! I'm kind of excited about this. I cut it way back last year since it hadn't flowered the year before. I meant to dig it out, but I got distracted. It grew back, but still no flowers last year. NOW... I might FINALLY see it flower!!! =D So excited!!!

7 comments:

Simone said...

Such a wonderfully varied collection! cant wait to see your strawberry when it appears. I just love the look of those stamens ( just dont like it when they shed all that flowery pollen!!)

Ky said...

That strawberry flower shot is just beautiful. I've never seen one up so close before.

Michelle said...

Lol about you already claiming your strawberry. Good luck with that. ;)

Another beautiful collection. I think it depends on the mood or the flower, with this one it's a toughie, but I like the stamen one better. Yay for the rose buds...can't wait to see pics!

snapshots2011 said...

They're all beautiful- but I especially love the last one!

Kimberly said...

Gorgeous shots! Love the strawberry bloom!

I think I prefer focus on the stamen. At least I do in this case. Just seems to be the right thing to focus on. :)

Flower Photography said...

So pretty! love that pink so rich.

Jennifer said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the pink flower!