Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 99/365

Day 99- The smurfs...
have taken up residence in our yard. At least until the kids got to their houses! =P
 It's amazing how fast these things grow... or seem to grow. They weren't there yesterday (at least not that we could see)... today here's three and they're pretty huge-mongous! I suppose most people would be annoyed by mushrooms in their yard... not me. I'm ok with it. Variety. It's the spice of life right?!
AND back to the beautiful azaleas that are blooming everywhere here now... here's a few from a neighboring yard. I added Kim Klassen's Mad Love texture. The color is BRIGHT and I didn't capture it quite right. It needed help!! I was wondering... would it be bad of me to try to steal a cutting from this?! I LOVE the color... this picture doesn't do it justice I'll have to try again another day! It's in the yard of a vacant house... one of those bank owned places that's waiting to go on the market. It wouldn't be that bad, right? Just a cutting? Hehe...

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Those mushrooms are great! I would be pleased with them in my yard also. :)

And those azaleas are gorgeous! I don't think it would hurt to borrow a clipping or two. :)

Anne U said...

Like the soft shadows in the photos.

Flower Photography said...

They look big!

snapshots2011 said...

Now I have the smurf song stuck in my head!

Michelle said...

Smurfs...lol! Variety is the spice of life...I enjoy seeing things grow that others find annoying. My yard shows it, too (since we can't win the battle of weeds and other things, I'm embracing it). ;)

Since it's vacant, I don't see any harm done. It's a pretty spectacular plant. Great pics, Gretchen.

Meg said...

Wow ~ great pictures of those mushrooms!! Sometimes these orangey ones grow inside the tree stump and I think they look so kovely. My husband always removes them when he does yardwork. Haha! :)

Loved your pictures this week!! :)