Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 103/365

Day 103- How does your garden grow?
I added flowers to the garden today. As I was doing that, I noticed that my spinach (above) and...
lettuce are really starting to take off. I think I need to thin them out a little, but I'm so super excited to try them out!! I have no green thumb, but I'm trying to learn as I go. This is really my first garden. Last year I tried to plan first, but then never got around to planting. This year... I'm just winging it. We'll see how that goes!!
 The flowers... I added some cheddar pinks (picked out by The Girl)...
 a few shasta daisy (my choice)...
and some salvia (picked by The Boy... though he wishes for something that was more blue). I LOVE how these salvia photograph. Gorgeous. I really hope I don't kill them!! Really... it's a fun experience! =)

6 comments:

Rick said...

Wow - your spinach and lettuce are already up ! We've had too much rain for me to be able to get in the garden - seeds would likely have rotted anyway.

Nice flower shots !

Michelle said...

Your kids have great taste...love love love that salvia and the cheddar pinks (great water droplet capture, too).

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Beautiful flowers, Gretchen. I know you're going to have wonderful salads this summer.

flojomo said...

wow, want to come plant my garden, great photos.

Meg said...

I love salvia ~ ours does not grow very well, I do not know why. Beautiful pictures! Also, I think lettuce and spinach are supposed to be easy to grow so I might also have to try them out this year! They look great! And it would be really nice to have fresh lettuce. :)

Thank you for linking up! I'm going to check out the rest of your pictures now. :)

snapshots2011 said...

Your garden is beautiful! (compared to mine- which is still a heap of dirt...lol). Great color choices in the flowers!