Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 149/365

Day 149- More Garden Shots...
I got to thinking after I saw my last unopened Sunflower shot that I wanted to try another angle. Here it is. I must say I like the pointy view! I think my framing is slightly off of what I'd really envisioned, but those pesky gnats drove me back inside before I got it. Oh well, I don't think I'll mind trying again another day. I'm happy with this shot... annoyed with gnats!!! =P
AND then... I haven't taken any shots of my Brussel sprouts until today. As you can see, they're not very successful! They were doing pretty well... but then I suppose someone else thought they looked good too! Do you see one of the culprits in this shot?
Here is a close(r) up view. The cabbage worm. UGH. Oh well, I'm leaving the sprouts in the garden for the time being... figure the aphids and cabbage worms can stay there and leave the other produce alone?! I don't know. I'm not using chemicals here... want to go as natural (lazy) as possible!!

3 comments:

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Did read somewhere you were thinking about a marco lens?

I just purchased the Tamron Marco 60mm, f/2. I love it!! and right now Tamron is offering a $100!! rebate on it. Just thought I would let you know :)

Kimberly said...

Love the angle on the sunflower! We mostly have bunnies and deer that feed on our garden.

Michelle said...

I like the pointy sunflower shot.

Bummer about your brussels sprouts. Mine didn't make it either. The Japanese beetles got to it and the broccoli.