Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 150/365

Day 150- ICKY, but WOW!
I'm bummed that the focus on the spider isn't so great here, but I LOVE the web!! How cool! AND I wasn't even very close... I used 250 mm to shoot this. Hehe! Just playing around really... testing what my lenses can do. AND yes, I'd LOVE a macro lens, but just can't get one yet... maybe I'll get one for Christmas (wink, wink, hint, hint). Anyway, this garden spider just caught my eye with the sunlight bouncing off him...
Gorgeous isn't he? I sometimes wonder (wish) if the fairies really do paint them. (Yep, I watch too much Tinker Bell these days!!) AND I love that he's capturing some of those dang gnats... I think I'll keep him around... as long as he doesn't get too close!! =P

And just 'cause I can't make this day all about icky spiders, I give you...
ANTS!! Icky ants! Hahaha!

Hope all the father's in your life had a wonderful day today!! =D

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

LOVE the spider and the web! Not so crazy about the ants. :) But it is a great shot with lots of detail.

Michelle said...

How amazing is that spider and web!!! I can't wait to get my new camera so I can do stuff like that! :)