Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 152/365

Day 152- Cattails and Butterflies
I LOVE the look of cattails... they make me happy! These caught my eye today 'cause they're all puffed up... windblown.
Later... I caught site of this lovely lil' guy! A zebra swallowtail... gorgeous! I'm a little sad that he's missing a part of his tail... poor lil' guy... but he still moved around pretty well, so I guess all is ok.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful swallowtail! I've never seen one. Both shots are lovely!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

I know what you mean about the cattails, when we were child, my sister and I, would ask my dad to stop by the side of the road to pick some for us, and he would. Happy memories.

Since I started to photograph butterflies, I have noticed many are missing parts of their wings or tail. It doesn't seem to affect them but I wonder why. Birds? Insects? Pesticides?

Michelle said...

Beautiful pics. I love being able to see all that detail on the butterfly.

snapshots2011 said...

What a beautiful capture on that butterfly!

Kimberly said...

Both great pics! I adore butterflies! They are so incredible to me.