Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 174/365

Day 174- Random-ness
Started the day with a headache... ending the day a little nauseous. We also lost power for about 3 hours. AND my kids decided to get CRAZY 'cause they didn't really want to do a pj/movie day after-all. FUN times!! I made it through the day though. WOO! ANYWAY, I took this shot of the flies on my ivy this morning while drinking my coffee outside. Again I wish I had better macro abilities, but this isn't too bad for now (maybe tomorrow I'll be getting a few lil' gadgets that might help tide me over until I can get a good macro lens)! Flies are super annoying, but I've always liked their shiny-ness... AND they're big eyes.
AND this... I don't know. I just thought it looked cool! The other side of it has a face... and it has feet too. Where do all these crazy toys come from?!
We did lose power, BUT in the end I'm ok with that 'cause I don't have to worry 'bout watering today! =) It's also nice 'cause, as a result it's supposed to be cooler out there the next few days. We'll see how that goes... here's to tomorrow being a better day!!!!

Paper Heart Photo

7 comments:

deb duty said...

Oh wow! You got really close in these! So cool. I really love the sprayer with the water drop and I can't believe those flies almost look pretty!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love the detail in the first shot!

Chrissee said...

I like all three photos but my favorite is the last one. The dripping water is great!

kayni said...

these are all great photos.

ah...i am looking to wonderful summer days as well and i heard it will last until the weekend.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

Flies can be very annoying, we get those darn "piney" flys all they want to do in fly in your face over and over and over again! and green heads ~ don't even get me started!

Those little stringy thingies feel so strange but the kids love them.

Kimberly said...

Those flies are crazy! But a great photo!

My kids had one of those weird balls. It popped so they started wearing it on their heads. I'll have to dig out that photo I have of Nick wearing it to show you. :)

We've been saving bath/shower water in order to water our flowers. We have had so little rain and with a well, we don't want to risk running out of water. Showers and clean dishes/clothes are much more important. :)

Hope today is a better day!

Scott said...

Love the detail and colors of the fly. Very cool.