Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 175/365

Day 175- New Toys
No... not the 'coon. I just had to add him too. He was in the park playground we went to today. I didn't get my camera moving fast enough (had to check that my kids weren't heading in his direction first). The focus is not quite where I'd really want it, but it's pretty fun anyway! Crazy 'coon... he was out at around 3 in a VERY kid populated area. Luckily he went off almost as quickly as he came around!
AND... now on to my new toys! I got a fun package today in the mail... full of toys mostly for me. I haven't had a lot of time to play with them all yet, but here is a shot taken with one of them. A lil' 10x macro filter. Nothing fancy. Maybe not the BEST, but so far... I think I can work with it for now!
Eventually I want a dedicated macro lens. FIRST I'm going to get a new zoom lens though... looking at a Canon 18-200mm, a Tamron 28-300mm, a Sigma 18-250mm, and a Tamron 18-270mm. I want to have a lens that combines my 18-55mm and 55-250mm... I find I'm switching between the two way to often. Kind of a convenience, ease purchase. (BTW, if you're reading this and have specific advice on these lenses... feel free to share.) ANYWAY, here's my cheaper alternative to a dedicated macro lens!
AND here's a toy for The Kids and I to play with. I've got it set up for a few nearby caches.. tomorrow we begin exploring! =)

2 comments:

snapshots2011 said...

Have fun geocaching! I wish there were more caches around me- looks like such a fun activity.

As far as the lenses-- I have the Tamron 28-300-- probably the lens that stays on my camera 80% of the time (I usually only take it off if I want to put my 10-17mm fisheye on). Its a great lens-- nice enough for macro work because you can back up and zoom in, I love the range (obviously 18-300 would be better, but we can't have it all!) I found I like to zoom more than take the whole scene, that's why I went with the 300 rather than the 270. If your kids are always close to you you may prefer having the 18mm end. Its up to you. Either way-- I highly reccomend it! If you have any questions- just ask!

Kimberly said...

Is that a cute little inchworm? Sweet! I bought a set of macro filters to hold me off also. Of course, I think you already knew that.

As far as lenses go, I've read really good things about the Tamron 18-270. That's the one I want to get. It would replace my 18-55 and 55-200 also, as I find myself in the same position as you. Although I tend to just put on my 18-105 and hope for the best. :)