Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 177/365

Day 177- More Toys
One of the other toys I got the other day was a fisheye lens (attachment/adapter). I like the fisheye look, BUT I don't like the fisheye price. One day maybe I'll get an actual fisheye lens (not anytime soon), but for now... this lil' lens attachment will be fun to play with!!
The Kids LOVE it... we took lots and lots of shots like this...
and this!! I'm sure we'll get hours of fun out of this thing. It was a little pricier than the macro filters I played with the other day, BUT I think it's well worth every penny for me... AND The Kids!!! =P
Also, did a little playing with a polarizer filter I got with the macro filters. I've seen these used around the web, but really have no idea how to use them myself. I'm thinking it's like putting a pair of sunglasses on my camera??!! The first cloud here (I've been doing a lot of cloud watching the last few days... perfect puffy clouds on a perfect blue sky... I kind of thing this formation looks like a bunny with a skeletal head... hmpf) was taken without the filter. The second with the filter. I see a difference, but not really sure which I like more.

3 comments:

Anne U said...

Cute pics, really like the one of the sky.

Sara said...

Looks like fun! I love the fish eye look, but I've never looked into the price because I knew I'd never use it often enough to warrant it. I'll have to look into this attachment. I'm sure the kids loved the weird looking shots! :-)

snapshots2011 said...

I started out with a fisheye "filter" too....and it wasn't long before I was looking into a real fisheye lens- they're so addicting!
As far as the polarizer, you'd probably notice a difference if you were taking a picture of something that had a reflection on it- the side of a car, water, building, etc. Then you twist the filter on the lens (while looking through the viewfinder) until you like what you see-- you'd be amazed!