Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 181/365

Day 181- Almost there!!!
I'm thinking tomorrow will be the day The Girl's sunflower will open up for us!!! I'm like how it looks now... I've enjoyed really watching this one as each layer opens up... it's kind of like opening a present!! Tomorrow maybe we'll have a nice surprise waiting for us. Of course tomorrow we're expecting the heat index to be around 110 so we won't sit outside long to enjoy the scene. =\

Paper Heart Photo

This is one of my lettuce plants that has bolted. I've been thinking about putting off pulling them because I'm lazy... and not wanting to do much more than water the other plants out in the garden during this heat. Anyway, after some research... I think I might let them continue flowering... and try to gather their seeds for my fall harvest. Of course I'll probably end up with random lettuce growing all around my yard, but hey... it'll be fun!!! =)

9 comments:

Danielle said...

I love the focus on the second picture, perfect!

Ashley Sisk said...

It looks really cool now but it'll look even cooler open.

Sara said...

What a fun project, love this one!

Shelley said...

Wow, I've never seen a closed sunflower like that before. Very interesting! Great photo! :)

Heidi said...

My daughter's sunflower is where yours was a few weeks ago-you are my sunflower role model! :) Great photos!

Carmen and Rachelle said...

Both photos are really good!

kayni said...

I love sunflowers and I love how you took the photo of one that's almost ready to bloom. Beautiful.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Oh Gretchen, that's beautiful ... waiting for arms to unfold. :)

Sarah said...

Gorgeous!!!