Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 182/365

400, 1/1600, f/5.6, 74mm, no flash, slight crop
Day 182- Oh Deer!
So, after swimming lessons this morning... I dragged The Kids for a ride in a park. Figured we'd get some nature, without the HEAT (so THANKFUL for car air-conditioners)!! Lucky us! We found these deer feeding at the side of the road. So close!! (Added camera settings to show that I was CLOSE!! NOT sure why I had my ISO set so high, but once I realized it I dialed it down a bit... sometimes I just shoot before really looking at settings... just in case my subject runs away too quickly!!)
400, 1/800, f/5.6, 208.8mm, no flash, slight crop
AND this guy is so darling! This is taken close to noon... so, that shadow you see... that's the WHOLE shadow. I cropped this shot, but left the shadow intact... just thought I'd share. This guy didn't take his eye off us. I was in the car with all the windows rolled down... and The Kids were making a ruckus in the back. It didn't take long for him to run away, but luckily I was able to get some pretty cool close-ups first!!! =)




100, 1/100, f/5.6, 250mm, no flash
AND here's mama deer. She looks like she's got some sores on her snout. Poor thing. Maybe their ticks... ick. She hardly paid any attention to us... too hungry I guess. She was still there when we drove off to get our lunch!! =)
FINALLY... the sunflower did open! I'm not entirely happy with this shot. BUT it's too hot to try to get another. I think I'd like it better if the sun was shining on it... here it's in the shade. I think the yellow would POP more with the sun. I'll keep trying! BUT I am happy it's open... and so is The Girl!!! =D

Posting early today... going out with some girlfriends tonight!!!! WOO HOO!!

12 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Wow - those are incredible.

Karin M. said...

...wunderbare Aufnahmen....sehr schön...
LG: Karin

leavesnbloom said...

Wow I love that little bambi shot. You were just in the right spot at the right time to capture those great moments.

Kim Stevens said...

On our way home from visiting family, we stopped off at Arbuckle Wilderness in Oklahoma . . . saw white deer! Had no idea there were white ones - they came right up to the car to eat from our feed cups, what fun!

The photos are great!

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

These are gorgeous photos, Gretchen. I can't believe how tame these deer were. :)

Scott said...

Wow! Great shots. Love the dear and that sunflower is awesome.

Sarah said...

WOW! Awesome photos.

Tara said...

These are awesome, great job! I love the one of the little deer, so so cute!

The Shades of Pink said...

That fawn is so sweet!

Brooke said...

I adore your photos! Such clarity ;D

Carrie said...

My little boy and I were browsing the thumbnails on Live Every Moment and he went crazy over your deer. Amazing capture!

Seizing My Day said...

Beautiful shots of the deer... and flower!! my fav was the baby deer!!