Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 183/365

Day 183- MARS Day
So, to keep cool today we headed to a museum with a friend. Got there just in time for Mars Day. I had this "celebration" on my radar, 'cause The Boy is a fan of all things space, but let it slip since I figured we had too many other things to do. Funny... we ended up down there today... unplanned! I'm not entirely content with my indoor shooting abilities, but these still make me happy!
This is the life-size model of the Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity. So much bigger than previous Mars exploration rovers.
The Boy was excited that he could look like he was on Mars for this shot!! We didn't see a whole lot of the actual Mars Day exhibits. It's hard to navigate three lil' kids through throngs of tourists, but we did have a lot of fun!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

SO cool!!!! Thanks for sharing this...

Sarah said...

How cool. Cute photos.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great snapshots! They look like they are so happy. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/07/project-365_23.html

snapshots2011 said...

Looks like such a fun place! I used to love all things space as a kid, so I would have been in heaven there, as I'm sure your two little ones were!