Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 206/365

Day206e_8628-scatteredfocus
Day 206- Overdue Bike Fun
It was a happy day for The Kids today!! We bought The Boy a new bike...
Day206c_8604-scatteredfocus
He's awfully wobbly. Still has training wheels on. We tried to teach him a little while back, but we ALL got fed up and decided instead of making us all hate bike riding, we'd give it a break. Well, now we're ready again. It seems he is too! We're a little overdue I think, but it's all good! (I'm not sure WHAT I did with this picture, but I LOVE it for some reason. I know I had the aperture set higher than I would've wanted, so the shutter speed ended up pretty slow. It's a happy mistake though. I think it shows his wobbliness on the new bike wonderfully!!)
Day206i_8621-scatteredfocus
We fixed up The Boy's old bike for The Girl. Sucks being the youngest and getting hand-me-downs, BUT we couldn't justify the cost of another new bike at the moment. Instead we bought a few accessories... and, as you can maybe tell from her picture, she's LOVING it!! Once she gets moving on this bike without training wheels (probably by next summer), we'll upgrade her to a new bike!

8 comments:

Kalyan said...

lovely captures!

Heidi said...

I LOVE that first shot... and I totally get the frustration about bike riding with kids.. it is a back breaker! I looks like you guys are over that though-yahoo!

Danelle said...

Love how you did the focus in that first shot!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

My younger son would run next to the other kids who were riding. Than one day he just jumped on his bike and took off!

Ewa said...

I really like that fist shot!!!

Steven (Cavite DP) said...

The looks on their faces are just priceless! I love kids being happy! They make me happy as well! Great Captures! My Favorite one is the first! Even if I can;t see the smile, I can see through their bodies that they really are happy about the bikes!

Steven^^

Carletta said...

I think the bike looks great and she has a lovely contented look on her face!
Thanks for your visit. :)

Michelle Renee said...

What a great day...I'm sure they had a lot of fun practicing with their new toys. I absolutely love the motion picture. I'm not sure what it is about it...but it's really cool.