Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 208/365

Day208a_8675-scatteredfocus
Day 208- Nature walk
Took a wonderful walk in the park today with The Kids. The weather was gorgeous!! Especially in the shade!!!! =P Here's a few of the things we I found!! The Kids were hanging with some friends, so they weren't really searching with me. I had fun... they had fun... so all is good!

Day208b_8698-scatteredfocus
Beautiful water scene. I used The Coffee Shop Blogs Golden Vintage on this. I think I like it.
Day208c_8672-scatteredfocus
Squirrel we saw stealing a little bit to eat from the picnic area.
Day208d_8734-scatteredfocus
AND... my favorite find of the day... though also most frustrating find. A white deer. Do you see it??!! I've never seen such a thing. It was too far away for me to adequately capture with my measly 250mm. =( I would've walked up a creek bed to try to get a closer shot, BUT I had four tired kiddos with me. They were ready to head home for ice cream. It was definitely one of those days that I really wished I had a SUPER zoom lens!!! =\ I will be back to stalk this guy out though. One day I might be able to capture him much better! =)
Day208e_8723-scatteredfocus
Finally. I leave you with a message I found in the sand! So true. So sad to see it coming to an end!

8 comments:

Heidi said...

Gretchen! Thanks for putting a photo into my challenge-I LOVE IT!!! ... I really do love it and I really do think of my allergies when I look at it. :) And the clarity you get on the wild animals.. WOW.

Heidi said...

I have to redo since my funny joke didn't make it..: Gretchen! Thanks for putting a photo into my challenge-I {ahhhhh} LOVE {ahhhhh} IT!!! {CHOO!} ... I really do love it and I really do think of my allergies when I look at it. :) And the clarity you get on the wild animals.. WOW.

em said...

Wow. What beautiful photos. I've come across many deer, but I don't think if I've ever seen a white one either. Amazing. And love that water scene photo!

Mildred said...

Lovely post with fabulous captures!
Thanks for sharing;o)

¤ Happy day ¤

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

great finds on the walk ~ I totally understand wanting the zoom lens. I have been pining the Sigma 150 - 500, that is the one I rented last month.

Light and Voices said...

Your first capture leaves me speechless.
Joyce M

snapshots2011 said...

Beautiful focus on that first one!
And I love the secret message in the sand :)

Michelle Renee said...

Fantastic finds! It must have been so neat to see that white deer! These are all great, but the fly aways in the first photo are AWESOME. Nice job, Gretchen. :)