Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 210/365

Day210a_8898-scatteredfocus
Day 210- Another busy one!!!
Had a BIG party day at a bounce house. A friend asked me to help take pictures. I'm completely flattered, BUT I learned that BOY do I have a lot to learn. I've kind of got the hang of outdoor exposures, but I just couldn't get it right inside the bounce house. Suggestions?! Reading? Websites to learn from? I'd like to learn so I CAN help friends out here and there!!! I was half tempted to move back to automatic, but I'm stubborn and instead have pictures to lighten. ALSO, the kids moved so fast... I had problems keeping up with them (especially since my girl wasn't really letting me leave her side). I took the above picture on the way home from the party just to make myself feel better!! It's SOOC!!! =P Linking this deer up with...


It's "organic" right?!
Day210b_8801-scatteredfocus
WEEE!!! The Kids mostly had a blast at the party. AS I said above, The Girl didn't want me to leave her side... sweet and maddening. I got LOTS of pictures of her and a few of some of the other kids. Linking this up with...






Day210c_8819-scatteredfocus
One of the FUN, BIG slides!! =D

18 comments:

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

such fun, but the question, did you go down the slide??

CallieMarie said...

Beautiful shot of the deer! And I think bounce houses are so difficult to photograph too!

chloehogbenphotography said...

looks like fun! :)

AJ said...

Those are big slides...looks like great fun!

gardenwalkgardentalk.com said...

Beautiful images. I like the deer, as we have a deer farm.

Susan said...

Hey, you did great. But I know what you mean, it is tricky.

Hope your day is blessed!

Ashley Sisk said...

WOAH - that first shot is awesome.

Danelle said...

Fast moving children are difficult. You could try shutter priority mode to make sure your shutter speed is fast enough. And if you can't get it fast enough and get the right exposure, maybe some fill flash would help. But that's a tricky one!

My Captivating Images said...

I love the face painting! :) Looks like lots of fun!!

Sarah said...

Awesome deer shot. I have no clue about the bounce houses. I can never get good shots.

Kimberly said...

Love the deer photo! I don't think I have any advice to offer as far as photographing inside bounce houses, except use a super fast shutter speed. I would probably have the same problem.

Ewa said...

I have to as well learn a lot about photography, it is just finding time to do it is a bit hard :)

Mildred said...

Wow! Fabulous shot of the deer! And don't know about getting neat shots of children moving fast! Same problem with birds and butterflies;o)
But I like the little girl shot too;o) She seems so happy;o)
Thanks for sharing:o)

¤ Have a nice and happy weekeng ¤

Sara said...

The deer is so cool!
Bouncy castles are hard because they usually have bad coloured lighting, plus the kids are moving really fast. Try doing a Google or Flickr search maybe. Looks like fun though!

Beth P. said...

LOVE that photo of the deer. I just adore seeing wildlife - such beautiful creatures to capture!

Elena said...

Love the first pic, it's so sharp!

Michelle Renee said...

Awesome deer capture, Gretchen!

Laurie said...

Wow...love the deer shot! So pretty! Thanks for linking up!