Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 211/365

Day211a_8953-scatteredfocus
Day 211- Randomness from the Great Outdoors
Wanted to capture the sky here, but indirectly. This is kind of what I envisioned, BUT not exactly. I like it though. A lot of negative space, so I added a quote. I took the picture in the rain... so I was "playing in the rain!" It wasn't pouring... just sprinkling... so the camera was safe!! =P
Day211b_8926-scatteredfocus
I like how the colors seem to be draining out of this leaf.
Day211c_8920-scatteredfocus
And... just 'cause I'm not sure how much longer these "surprise" beauties will last. I had to capture them again!! Once the cooler weather sets in, I'm gonna try to move them to the garden... so I can enjoy them better. Right now they are hidden behind the garbage cans growing wild! =D

7 comments:

Sara said...

These are so beautiful! Love the blur and colours in the first and last shots, great quote. Wow, can't believe the detail in the leaf, love the colours!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love the first one...so so true.

Kimberly said...

Love these! That quote is great! What a cool-looking leaf! I need to go photograph a few more flowers too. They'll be gone before you know it and I'll be craving some color in my life. :)

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

I am dancing all the way down the boardwalk in the rain with my camera in hand!! It was great fun!!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Beautiful, Gretchen. I love the first thought. Have a good weekend.

Michelle Renee said...

Great quote...so true!

snapshots2011 said...

That quote is one of my favorites! Beautiful way to use it!