Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 217/365

Day217/365
Day 217- CHEAT day
Um... yep, I'm cheating. I didn't even pull out the camera today. I got distracted by cleaning. Rainy days do that to me sometimes. AND looming hurricane threats too. I've found if the cleaning mood/bug strikes, I kind of have to go with it!! Might also get some evacuees visiting us this weekend... hoping not ('cause still hoping Irene stays out to sea), but if we do... we'll be excited for visitors!! =P Anyway, started sifting through some old pics. Thought I'd share a few of my favorite critter captures from the past. These were all taken with my ol' point-n-shoot... the trusty Canon PowerShot A540. I have plenty more where these shots came from too!! Not too shabby, but I'm still super happy to have my BIG camera!! They were all taken in auto everything too. Thought about throwing some ol' shots of The Kids, but then I got all sappy (dang kindergarten starting for my baby... MY BABY)... and now I'm posting super late!! Anyway... so, went with critters! ENJOY... a blast from the camera past! =P
Day217/365
and one more...
Day217/365
There is a critter in there... look for it! Not too hard to find. This shot isn't super perfect, but I LOVE it! I took it from a boat while visiting the "swamp" house about a year ago. (Little worried 'bout the swamp house this weekend... hope it stays strong!!)

Anyway, I don't feel so bad for cheating. I'll try not to do it again!! BUT it was good to take a day off! Stay safe y'all if you're in the path of this hurricane... so far we seem to be just outside of the threat area, but we will get wind/rain from it. Fingers crossed Irene stays to the East... stay out to sea!!!

3 comments:

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

You stay safe, as of now it looks like it is heading right for us. They started evacuations already and shut down the bridges to incoming traffic as of Friday morning.

I am sure it will all be fine but I did some preparations, flashlight (check), water bottles (check) etc...

Heidi said...

I love that frog! The lighting is awesome.. we all have those days! Glad you were able to get some stuff done.. :)

snapshots2011 said...

Stay safe. I'm with Trish above- it's headed right for us as of now :/
Love your "theme" of animals today- great job!