Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 220/365

Day 220/365

Day 220- Last Day of Summer
Tomorrow school starts. TOMORROW! Where did it go??!! We spent most of the day lazing around, some of it playing outside (the sun has returned!), some playing inside, and the rest making sure we were ready to start! One of the things I've been putting off 'til last minute... hair cuts. The Boy has been quite happy with his 'surfer boy' style. I was either gonna bring him to an actual barber to trim it up or try to trim it up myself. Well, since I slacked off on the chore, I was left with the latter choice. AND I've found I'm not so good at trimming it up. Instead I pulled out the ol' Wahl and buzzed away as usual. I did use the longest guide comb though... so he gets a little extra length. He seems happy enough with it. He's a boy... and still doesn't really care THAT much, so I'm good. I just feel bad. He liked his crazy hair so much. Dang mommy guilt.
Day 220/365

The Girl is growing out her bangs and I was able to manage to cut hers in a fairly straight line across her back. Simple enough. I was scared to try though. I did alright. As long as they let me, I might as well safe a few $$$ and do it myself!! (AND yes, she's wearing her pjs outside... I was too!! HA!)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Have a great first day of school. Thanks for reminding me that we need to get haircuts too, well, just my daughter. Maybe I could use a Wahl! :) I wish!

Jenn Jilks said...

I remember those days. As a retired teacher... I'm happy not to have to face it!
Cheers from Cottage Country! Thanks for visiting.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

say it isn't so!! I can't believe summer is coming to a close. Why is it winter is so dang long and summer speeds by?

Michelle Renee said...

Summer did go by fast! I hope they enjoy their new year of school. Oh...and I wear my pjs in my backyard all the time (nobody can see back there, so I usually bring my coffee out to the garden). Good job with the haircuts. Any $ saved is always a good thing. :)