Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 244/365

Day244/365
Day 244- Another fun friend...
The Kids and I found this big gal (assuming it's a gal since it was such a BIG mantis... and guys are smaller than the gals). Had fun looking at her.
Day244/365
The Kids touched her... very quickly. Put a dandelion nearby to help show how big she was... it was the only thing I could find. The Girl's hand helps show the size too.
Day244/365
We also watched her scurry away. I like how the wings sort of look like a ball gown of sorts. OK... maybe I'm just tired and seeing things. Whatever. I like it! =) G'night.

6 comments:

snapshots2011 said...

HOLY COW! What an amazing picture! I actually had to show that first one off to other members of my family! Amazing capture!

Scott said...

Wow! Very cool mantis shots. I just love the eyes in that first one.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

I love it!! Perfect focus, his little face put a big smile on mine.

ladyfi said...

Wow - these shots are amazing!

Melissa said...

Geat shots! I love the first one.

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Wow wow, Gretchen. Wonderful capture. She's lovely. Love her eyes. :)