Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 259/365

Day259/365
Day 259- Public Service Announcement...
These are NOT pine cones!! They are bag worms. They are not good. If you see 'em pull 'em off the tree/bush. If you let 'em stay, they'll destroy the bush. Most people don't notice 'em... and if they do, they don't realize there an ugly worm inside! =\
Day259/365

This bush is infested... ick! See the guy on the end... it's a male moth that has recently or is emerging from his bag. It's time for him to find a gal. Now I gotta decide if I should tell someone about this... it's in front of an empty house... bank owned. Who should I tell? They did make for a nice mini-science lesson!! =P

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Cool photos, but ick! :)

Heidi said...

I second what Kimberly said! Really great shots and REALLY great that you teach your kids about that stuff!!

Henrietta said...

Interesting, I would have not know what they are. I don't think the bank care. Can't you you just go there and cut them off!?!

Birgitta said...

Such interesting and great photos!

http://birgittasfoto.blogg.se/

Lauri said...

Thank you for the mini lesson, Great capture of the moth too.

deb duty said...

I've never seen one of these. I'll be on the lookout!

One said...

Congratulations for winning the LEM Challenge! Love your kind of photos.

Ellie said...

Ewww that looks nasty - very interesting though.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

they do look like pinecones, fooled me