Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 261/365

Day261/365
Day 261- Swamp Fun
Spent the weekend away from civilization/technology and enjoyed the quiet of the swamp life! Though... some of the birds and feral cats weren't that quiet... and neither were my wild Kids! The Kids didn't really pose for me during the weekend. Oh well. I got a few "princess" shots of The Girl, but The Boy kind of avoided the camera... hmpf! =P

Day261/365
I always enjoy the birds! Not 100%, but I think these are gulls.
Day261/365
Random shells on the docks. Perfect decor!
Day261/365
Even random rope piles look beautiful!
Day261/365
Found these barnacles on a recently pulled pylon.
Day261/365
BIRDS! Lots of birds! Most are too small and fast for me to capture... one day I'll get them!! =)
Day261/365
AND finally there were butterflies... pretty butterflies!
Day261/365
Monarchs included!!

All in all... this shows our good start to a BEAUTIFUL weekend!

6 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

These are beautiful - I love the tones. Feels like Autumn.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

the monarchs and the clouded sulphurs are on the move now ~ beautiful creatures to watch fluttering around

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Looks like a very pleasant change to everyday life. You caught some nice macros and details as well as the broad sweep.

Just discovered you chose my entry in the top three in last week's LEM challenge. Thank you, I'm pleased you enjoyed my photo. It must be really hard to have to judge from so many entries.

Tiffany said...

They are all so beautiful...the first is my favorite. The color and composition is perfect!

Tiffany

Tara said...

Great captures, love the butterflies!

snapshots2011 said...

Looks like a relaxing weekend- I too love the pile of ropes- beautiful!