Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 262/365

Day262/365
Day 262- Bird and Butterfly World
Visited Bird World today! I think this is my favorite shot from that visit. I didn't think it was going to turn out when I took it, but it did!!! At least it turned out the way I had hoped!

Day262/365
No shortage of egrets at bird world... at least I'm pretty sure that's what they are.
Day262/365
Another shot... with 3 other bird friends. Can you find them all? Two ducks, an egret, and one other bird that I'm not sure WHAT it is.
Day262/365
I just thought these guys were cute. Napping buddies. They were just floating along... lazy river style in a little group.
Day262/365
AND the butterflies... particularly those Monarchs... WOW! There were so many! The Girl tried hard to get one to climb onto her finger. That's the hooked finger you see here. She knows not to pick them up by the wings... and thanks to Fancy Nancy she knows the speak French... "Bonjour Butterfly"!! =P
Day262/365
She got a leg on there, but I think the Monarchs just wanted to eat!! =D
Day262/365
Seriously. There were tons! I think The Girl and I could've spent a couple hours on this quarter mile stretch of Bird (and Butterfly) World.
Day262/365

One last shot of the butterflies. I think this is my favorite butterfly shot of the day.

There's a few more of my favorite shots from our bird/butterfly world visit... just figure I've already overloaded this post. If you wanna take a look... I put them on my Flickr... feel free to go on over!

6 comments:

Cathy H. said...

These are lovely photos! I especially like the third one with the great reflections and the last one with the gorgeous butterflies!!

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

I believe the unknown feathered friend is a green heron. Monarchs are migrating now, they are everywhere.

Melissa said...

Beautiful shots! Birds and butterflies are so graceful to watch!

snapshots2011 said...

The last picture is my favorite too! and I LOVE Fancy Nancy books! I read them to my class all the time!

Liz said...

What wonderful butterfly shots!!
I LOVE the last one.

I love your blog too so I decided to follow it! :)

Kimberly said...

Love the birds! But I'm completely jealous of the Monarchs! I adore Monarchs. Of course, you probably already know that from reading my blog. :) I so want to go there!