Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 299/365

Day299/365

Day 299- Park Hopping Day
I work very part-time in a park... I'm working at increasing my working time now that The Kids are in school. Today I worked several hours leading field trips around the park I work in. Afterward. I took a quick ride to another local park to "decompress" from work. I was rewarded with some deer standing super close to the road. So close that I took this shot, noticed how the deer was looking at me and instead of trying for another one... I moved on. I think he was ready to bolt at me... yikes! BUT LOVE this shot that I did manage to get!!!
Day299/365

Also came across a lone vulture. Not a usual site. They're usually in packs. He was watching me closely...
Day299/365

and then he took off!
Day299/365

He found a tree to continue watching me from. Good times. I did see his lunch nearby. So I moved on and let him hopefully continue with his meal.
Day299/365

I did capture a few more deer shots though. This is a young deer. The white spots are gone, the fur growing in... he's growing up! Anyway, it was a wonderful way to decompress!! =)

9 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

These are all pretty awesome! I need to be prepared with a longer lens to capture turkey in my inlaws' backyard.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

nice way to take a break from it all, great captures

Kimberly said...

Wow! LOVE that first photo! I've never seen a vulture in person. That's pretty cool!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

The deer in your first photo has such an intense look on his face!! Great photos.

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Wow....just plain, WOW!!! Those deer photos are absolutely perfection. Why, even the ugly vulture photos are outstanding.

DUCK SONG -- and photos of ducks 'round town.

snapshots2011 said...

You're so lucky to have such abundance of natural wildlife around you to capture- you always seem to get the most unique shots!

Tammy said...

That's my kind of decompression :)
That is a wonderful close up shot of a doe. She is curious about you.

deb duty said...

Sounds like you have the perfect job and I love the close shot of the deer

Tricia @ Bluff Area Daily said...

Frame & hang that 1st shot... perfect capture! =)