Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 340/365

Day340/365

Day 340- A CARDINAL!!
I've been trying to capture a cardinal in our yard... or anywhere for quite sometime now. Today. Today was the day! I saw this guy sitting in our tree... and ran to get my camera. I didn't think he'd wait for me, but he did. AND he let me snap several pictures of him... even after opening the window to avoid capturing the dirtiness of the window. Of course tonight... it ended up taking too long to pick a picture... too many to choose from!
Day340/365

The biggest decision. Trying to decide which shots were better... with flash or without. The first in this post is with... the second without. I'm still not 100% decided.
Day340/365

Anyway, I enjoyed my little cardinal photo session!! If only he were a tad closer, but for now... I'm happy to finally have caught one.
Day340/365

OH... and later in the evening I was able to snap a few pictures of the moon and Venus hanging out together in the sky!! Awesome!

3 comments:

Audrey said...

WOW! LOVE the moon shot and the cardinal!! Awesome! Glad you are having fun with your new lense!

Kimberly said...

Cool cardinal! I just filled my feeder the other day and have had many visitors but haven't attempted to photograph any yet.

Love the moon photo! I saw how cool the moon looked last night also, but was too lazy to get out my camera/tripod. :)

Liz said...

The Cardinal is wonderful. Such a gorgeous bright little bird!
I love your last shot - brilliant!