Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cleaning Day

Foggy View

Now that my 365 is done... I'm not sure how to title my posts!! Guess I'll have to work on being creative with those now. Today's is not. =P

Woke up to a foggy morning! SUPER foggy. Too late though I realized I should've ran out to find some fun foggy morning pictures. I didn't. But I did capture this after I dropped The Kids off at the bus. Next time maybe I'll head up to the river... or a pond... or something more exciting!!
Cleaning

The rest of the day was spent cleaning!! Oh joy! I tried to make it a little more exciting though by finding something fun to take a picture of. Nice little break from the regular humdrum of the cleaning fun. (What's funny. I didn't even get to the vacuuming today. Tomorrow. Woot.)
Summer Leftover

And finally. These caught my eye when I brought the recyclables out. Do you recognize them? They're what left of the black (brown) eyed susans that were growing wild in my yard. I grabbed a few and brought them inside to take pictures of while I waited for the bus to bring The Kids back home to me! Yep. Exciting day for me!!

The second two shots are inspired by the Beyond Layers assignment 2... thinking simple. I also added textures... um... I gotta try to remember which ones I added, both were by Kim Klassen. Anyway, I'm a little behind in the class, but enjoying it. And looking forward to a whole year of it!
beyondlayers

12 comments:

Michelle Renee said...

That's a black eyed susan? Wow! I'm always in awe over God's Creation.

Lovely first photo. It was foggy here, too. I couldn't even see our bird feeders.

Liz said...

I really love the texture in the last shot, Gretchen!
Beautiful

Kim Klassen said...

oh my... what Michelle said..... soooo lovely.... i never would have guessed black eyed susans...

really adore your capture.....xo

Kathy said...

I really like that last photo and how you edited it. And I NEVER would have recognized that as the left over of a Black Eyed Susan...quite lovely!

kathy

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Oh, I love the dead flowers. Beautiful texture. Enjoyed hearing about your day too. :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

Oh boy- all that moisture in the first shot looks so inviting!!!

Danelle said...

These are great! Love that first shot, and I've never seen a vacuum look so good. :)

Melissa Rich said...

Great shots! I really love the last one. Wow!

amatterofhowyouseeit.com said...

Wonderful composition, selective focus, and texture in the last image. I just love it!

Jennie Louise said...

I too went out recently to capture the fog and ice... crazy weather makes lovely photos.
Really lovely flower shot.
jennie. x

snapshots2011 said...

I was the same way when I finished my 365....I decided on just creativly naming my posts too. I love that first one- what a great use of silhouetts!

Melanie said...

Lovely set! Adorable smile take, & the last shot is beautiful!