Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 352/365

Day352/365

Day 352- Afternoon at the Farm
The Kids and I headed to a local farm park to visit baby sheep and do a little geocaching. The geocaching part of the adventure didn't work out so well... little bladders got in the way!! We did find one cache though... so all are happy. All enjoyed visiting the animals. My favorite was this guy... even though he looks so sad.



Day352/365

Doesn't he just look like he saying... "get me out of here!!"???
Day352/365

Here's one of his cage-mates. He was a little happier... he had several lady friends to hang with.
Day352/365

The Kids most enjoyed the pigs. The lil' pigs (teenagers maybe) and the BIG pigs. Here's one of the BIG pigs... who later tried to eat the shoes of both kids through the fence!!
Day352/365

AND the baby sheep (how's this for fresh start?? These sheep were born on December 30th... they have a fresh start on life). We did see them too. The Girl LOVED them... and would've loved them more if they hadn't been sleeping pretty much the whole time we were there. I had to use flash on this shot. It was quite dark in the corner that they were sleeping in. I had to get a shot of them though... so sweet! The Kids also got to try to milk a cow... I have pictures of that too, but I think I've already got picture overload in this post. Yep. It was a good day!!
Naptime Momtog

16 comments:

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Those are great, Gretchen. I grew up around pigs and can smell them just by looking at your pictures. Love the turkey too. Hope you have a great week.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Even though some of them look a little sad, I'm sure they are being well taken care of. Great shots -- the lambs are adorable. :)

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

What fabulous photos!!

Their eyes say so much even without words.

MACRO 'SHROOMS. If you have time, stop by and say hello.

Sarah said...

Such gorgeous shots. I love that first shot. Thanks so much for linking up with us.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Great macro shot of the turkey.

Jessica said...

Amazing colors on the peacock and all of the close up detail on the turkey's face was really interesting. I love taking my niece to places like this. Geocaching would be fun too...if, like you said, bladders don't get in the way :) If you have time to stop by my site I would really appreciate it. www.forgottencompass.com Thanks for sharing!

Gina Kleinworth said...

I LOVE that peacock!!!!! Their colors are some of my favs!!!! Thanks for joining us today!

Lori said...

Those are great shots! The peacock is so beautiful, you captured it well!

Lori

Tamar SB said...

That peacock is stunning! And a baby sheep, so sweet!

Tamar - also linking with Project 366

Lauri said...

These are wonderful, I really love the turkey, they have such funny features.

snapshots2011 said...

All great shots! Love those pigs- so cute!

amatterofhowyouseeit.com said...

Gorgeous colors in that image of the peacock!

Michelle Renee said...

Fun post...looks like a great day! The angle of the turkey photo is my favorite. My next fave is the one saying get me out of here. :)

Ida said...

Great shots. The Peacock always looks so regail.

Liz said...

Lovely images Gretchen! I am glad to see you are linking up with Project 366 too :)

Liz said...

Oh... I forgot to say... I love the Peacock! Beautiful colours.