Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 364/365

Day364/365

Day 364- WOW!!! Photography Playing
So I decided to make a diy lightbox as per a comment from Rosie (Leavesnbloom Photography) on one of my Scavenger Hunt Sunday pictures. I went searching for the post she referred too... and after a short time (less than an hour), I had my very own little lightbox to play with!
Day364/365

I think I LOVE it!!
Day364/365

I know I have some work on learning how to use it better, but so far I'm super happy with the results.
Day364/365

What I think is the craziest??? These were taken at 9 or 10 at night!!! It was dark. And they don't look too shabby!! Thank you Rosie!!! (If you want to make your own... check out this post too! Seriously. It was SO EASY!!! AND I had all the materials on hand. Easy Peasy... and so far, I'm thinking it's so worth it!)

And tomorrow... the end of my 365. How crazy is that??!!??

(edited to join in Tutorial Tuesday!!)
Tutorial Tuesday

16 comments:

Liz said...

WOW Gretchen!! So cool. I love the marbles.

Heidi said...

I am off to get tracing paper to make my own as well! Is that the gal that is connected with the Shoot and Edit at Ashley Sisk's site this week? I love it-your photos look fabulous...

Kimberly said...

These are great! Making my own light box is on my to-do list. Seeing these makes me think I should bump it up in priority. I LOVE these!

snapshots2011 said...

too funny! I took pictures of marbles too this week to post for Macro Monday- except I took them on a mirror---I think I like your lightbox picture better though- thanks for the link- I'll have to check it out!

Michelle Renee said...

I have a confession to make. I got so excited when I read that you did this at 9:00 p.m. that I ran out to buy supplies and forgot to leave a comment. :::sorry about that:::

First...amazing light. Lovely composition.

Second...I bought two desk lamps, tape, tracing paper, and daylight bulbs. I'll be making one *hopefully* before the weekend is over. And...I'll be linking back to you. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Porch Days said...

I LOVE the photo of the marbles. Definitely will check out the link about making the lightbox. Thanks.

Saun said...

Isn't it fun love the marbles.

Ashley Sisk said...

The marbles are great -and you're right..the nice thing about the light box is that you can do it later at night!

Amy said...

LOVE the marble shots! Very cool. :)

Kat said...

LOVE the marbles!

Kaylene said...

Wonderful.

tim prust said...

Love the marble shots. Great job!

Casey Martinez said...

Well done! I was kind of wishing I had Marbles for this shot. You did a great job!

Holly said...

Wow!! Love the marbles...so cool!

Terrie said...

You clearly had fun with your new lightbox! Love the marble shot - I have some old ones somewhere, I should try that! Great image!

Branson said...

Love the composition of that first one! And congrats on finishing a 365!!