Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 365/365 - I DID IT!!!

Day365/365

Day 365- The End!!
And with that... I've finished this project 365!!! I started way back on 1/11/11... and today I'm done! Phew!!

It's been fun! It's been a pain! I've learned a lot. I've learned that I have a lot more to learn. It's definitely a fun hobby that I plan to continue on with. I do admit that I did have to add days on at the end to get to 365... I'm ok with this. I suggest if you do a 365 that you be ok with it too... as with everything in life be flexible!! We have to deal with life and death... and this past year unfortunately we had to deal with death.  One way I dealt was to let myself take days of from my project and just be with family and friends. Thankfully, this project was still there when I was ready to come back and it has been good at giving me something else to focus on. BUT I gotta admit I'm happy to be done with it!! I could use a little break... in fact after this post. I'm taking a little break. Taking the weekend off! Not saying I won't take pictures over the weekend. I'm just not posting anymore this weekend. =D

What am I doing now? Well... I still have lots to learn, so I'm going to keep learning. Technically, I'm not continuing on with another Project 365 (366 due to the leap year), but I will likely still take a picture everyday and I'm planning on participating in a few project 52s. (One I'm linking up to today... for "I dreamed a dream." Completing this 365 was a dream that I've now achieved!!!!)
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com


A few other things on my plate... joining a local photo club and getting myself into a class or two or three (I AM signed up for Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers class... afraid I've not been so good during the first week of class... been focused on finishing this project first!!) I will definitely still be hanging out here on the blog... just maybe not everyday!!

Oh and btw, I chose to say "I 365d" to kind of go with the "I plunged" theme. Have you ever done a polar bear plunge? I did one... so fun, but so cold!!! I'd do it again... if I could find friends to go along... it can't be worse than the one I did. =)

And for now... that's all folks (for the 365 anyway)!! =D

13 comments:

Brooke said...

Congrats are in order!!!

Heidi said...

What a huge accomplishment! Congrats... I love that photo too... have a wonderful weekend.

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

a big congratulations on a job well done!! it has been a pleasure to share this past year with you and your family ~ please do continue to post, I have often been inspired by you

Anne U said...

Congrats, very exciting.

Foursons said...

Woohoo! Congrats, the 365 is a huge commitment and I am always impressed with people who complete it. And I love the shot you took to celebrate your success. You TOTALLY 365d it.

Kimberly said...

Congratulations of finishing your P365!!! I have thoroughly seeing your photos this past year and getting to know you. I look forward to seeing what else you post. Love this photo as your final! Awesome!

Chelsea said...

Congratulations! I just started by first 365 (err...366), and I'm feeling a little apprehensive...so far to go! Good for you for giving yourself a break when you needed, too! Moms feel such guilt anyway, no need for your photo goals to make you feel guilty. :)

snapshots2011 said...

Congratulations! It is such a feeling of accomplishment, isn't it? You've really done a fabulous job and have come such a long way- you should feel proud of yourself!
Good luck trying to stay away from posting every day-- once you've been bitten by the bug it's hard to stay away!
Looking forward to what this year brings for you- I'll be sure to continue to stop by!

Michelle Renee said...

From the bottom of my heart, CONGRATULATIONS, Gretchen! You did it!!!!!!!!! :)

It has a been a pleasure to get to know you through your project, and I'm really glad you plan to keep challenging yourself with your photography and inspiring the rest of us.

Job well done...looking forward to more.

April said...

Congratulations! What a feeling to start something and finish it!

Great photo!

Bridget said...

Congrats! I only found you a few weeks ago - but have loved the pictures I've seen. You've done great! Hope we'll still see you around though:)

Porch Days said...

Posting a photo every day for a year - that is an accomplishment. Congratulations!

HuNnY aNd PoPpA LeWiS said...

Wow --you should be very proud of yourself, that is quite an accomplishment. Your photo is cute and full of celebration!!