Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - Jan. 15

Stacked Up
stacked up
Didn't get enough light to get this to work right. AND this shot shows me that my lens is giving me shadows in the corners. Eh. ANYWAY, these cups were made by The Boy at school. They represent Adobe houses... I think. That's what he told me.

Winter Wonderland
winter wonderland
We got a little snow this week. More than expected, but not enough to last through lunch the next day. It was fun while it lasted!! AND no shoveling!! =)

Sweet
sweet
Both of The Kids are so super sweet... most of the time!! I don't get as many opportunities to capture The Boy with my camera... on our snow day he let me get a few shots in!! Had to take advantage!! =)

Hole
hole
Boring I know. A hole in the fence!! I do think the hole looks like a lady though. The dark spot at the top looks like hair in a beehive or 60s style... don't you think? And there's a neck a the bottom. I thought about drawing it in, but didn't...

Frozen
frozen
And this? Well, I was hoping to find some frozen water, BUT that's hard to come by when you have 50 and 60 degree temps. SO... we made our own. AND had fun with it! The Kids had a blast playing with this pony mermaid and her lego friend (you can see his hand back there) when it came out of the freezer. Other "friends" went ice skating on the rink... while these poor toys remained frozen below!! We put ice cubes in to start to help it freeze faster. Yeah.

So there you have it... my interpretations. Thanks for stopping by this week! For more...

16 comments:

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

Love your stacked up photo and I'm glad you got some snow. Now blow some cold air down here. :)

Kimberly said...

These are great, Gretchen! Love the creativity of the last one! And you stacked photo is cool. You could have come up and helped me shovel snow! My shoulders are killing me today. :)

Heidi said...

Fun set!!! I love reading peoples' blogs and learning.. I didn't notice the lens casting shadows..it is very subtle.. I love the beehive hairdo on that woman-I totally see it! :)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great snapshots! Love the hole picture, it does look like a lady. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2012/01/scavenger-hunt-sunday_15.html

Deborah L. Tisch said...

I love how creative you and the kids were for the 'frozen' shot! Very cute!

leavesnbloom said...

I can see that lady too! Have you read one of my tutorials on making a cardboard lightbox? it certainly would help with the vignetting though most lens are prone to this.

Rosie
http://leavesnbloomphotography.blogspot.com/2012/01/weekend-scavenger-hunt.html

SarahinSC said...

I laughed out loud at your frozen shot! Funny!
Sarah:)

Patti said...

Love these! The lady in fence hole is great - what an eye you have!
We had plenty snow - plenty enough to shovel & shovel some more.

Torunn said...

Very beautiful photos with nice importance.

Ashley Sisk said...

Great job - I really like hole...tones and texture.

kimmyskids said...

I really like the hole shot! Really neat. Oh, and you can buy a Lego ice tray at Lego.com for around $7!

shirley said...

I love how you made your own ice - that is dedication! I'm glad you got some snow that you didn't have to shovel. We're waiting for ours to melt, but it's been nice to have a little white fluff.

momto8 said...

fun pictures of everything and everyone!

Christine E-E said...

fun interpretation of frozen. having kids certainly changes your perspective of scavenger hunt! love your pics.

Danelle said...

Love your set this week!

Michelle Renee said...

Neat series. Sweet and hole are my top two this week.