Now moved... please feel free to stop by and visit me at http://ascatteredfocus.wordpress.com/!! =)

Monday, January 30, 2012

Week 4- Project 366/52

So... my first week in pictures post. I still have a little adjusting to do to get into the groove for 2012. This week I'm sharing 8 pictures (Jan. 22-Jan. 29). I've decided that for me... posting for Monday through Sunday makes the most sense. So... on Monday's I'll be posting my 365/52 post. Ok. It's Monday. Not sure if that really made any sense. Forgive me. Without further rambling...
Jan. 22
Jan. 22- This winter has been REALLY mild. So... spring seems to already be here... almost. I'm starting to really dread the summer. If it's so warm out now... how HOT is it going to be over the summer?!?

Jan. 23
Jan. 23- The Kid's had some rock candy lollipops. I'm not happy with this shot, BUT I was being rushed by kids who wanted to EAT!!! =P

Jan. 24
Jan. 24- Did some playing with simplicity and texture for Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers class. Here's another shot from that play... using Kim Klassen's Edward texture.

Jan. 25
Jan. 25- Posted one almost identical to this in my Scavenger Hunt Sunday submission, BUT this one has a tongue sticking out at me!! Yep. The Boy loves his tongue!

Jan. 26
Jan. 26- I don't know. This little stump caught my eye, so I took a picture. Wouldn't you? I gotta tell you that I think it looks a lot like Jabba the Hut... you know Star Wars Jabba?!

Jan. 27- self portrait
Jan. 27- I don't make many appearances in pictures. Avoid being in pictures. I'm realizing though... from looking at so many blogs around the web... that I need to get over that habit. My kids aren't going to know how I looked when they were young. They aren't going to be able to look back and know that I was actually around. So. Yep. Gotta get over myself.
Jan. 27- self portrait
Actually took two that I don't think look too bad. So... here's me! I was pushed helped to take these pictures THIS WEEK by the Project 52's prompt... "self portrait."
project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

Jan. 28
Jan. 28- Spent most of my afternoon in a class. Learning about skolithos. The last part of the class allowed us to go out and explore... and look for skolithos. While searching I took a break to enjoy the view!! I need to go back and take a few pictures of the skolithos, to help me remember them!!! (OH... if you're interested they're trace fossils.)

Jan. 29
Jan. 29- Spent the afternoon in the park with my Mr. Wonderful and The Kids. The weather was gorgeous! Part of the time The Kid's built a few little sandcastles... on a little creek beach.

So, there you have it. My recap of the week!! OH... and for Project 366 prompt "close"... I took quite a few macro (close-up) shots this week (Jan. 22, 23, 24, and 26) AND the picture of The Kid's (Jan. 29) could count too because they are close!! =)
Naptime Momtog
ETA OOPS... forgot that I was supposed to add my favorite picture from the month. I'm no good at picking one favorite... there's so many favorites for different reasons/moods!! Anyway, I DID pick one. I don't know what it is about this guy, but I just REALLY like him!! There was a time that this farm was where the pardoned turkeys went... not anymore. This guy still lives a pretty good life, even if he doesn't look too happy here. I think he was jealous of the peacock he was hanging out with... the peacock had all the ladies for himself (all peacocks too). Anyway, this is the photo I'll call my favorite of the month!!
Day352/365

17 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW! Such wonderful shots. It does feel like Spring already. I heard we are going to have a cold February. Guess we will have to wait and see. I love the first one and the fourth one and the last one. Okay I love them all. :)

Lori said...

great shots of the week! that turkey still cracks me up!! :)

Julie Anne said...

loved Jabba the hut... I could totally see it! :)

visiting from P52 and I have to say that I like your self portrait when you aren't looking at the camera... I tried a few of them and it just looked dumb!

Melanie said...

Beautiful selfies! You have fabulous hair. That turkey shot is pretty awesome!

Laura Delegal - Leroy Photography said...

They're all wonderful. Love the park pic. Adore the selfie--you're beautiful. Love the first one too. Have a happy week.

Gina Kleinworth said...

So glad you did a selfie- you should do it more often! You are beautiful!!!!

Tyler and Elysha said...

Gorgeous! I love the turkey!
Thank you for the nice comments on my blog!😃
-Elysha

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

looks like it was a great week, I agree so difficult to step out from behind the lens. I have gotten better about it, but I take like 1000, ok a 100 photos before I get one that I would even think of posting on the web. You did great on your selfies. So hard to get the focus just right.

kelly said...

love your photos! and i love your natural expressions in the self-portraits! great job!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great snapshots! Love the picture of the stump, it does look like Jabba. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/

Kara said...

Great pictures. I love the first one of you. Very nice. It is hard to post pictures of ourselves but when we look back on them in a few years it's always with gladness that we did. Plus, we never look as bad as we think we do.

snapshots2011 said...

It's so nice to see you in front of the camera- helps put a face to the name-- you should do it more often!

Jennie Louise said...

Hi.
Some super shots in this collection... that turkey made me giggle!
I use Kim Klassen textures too... amazing right?
Jennie. x

momto8 said...

great pics!!

Michelle Renee said...

Beautiful texture work and self portraits. You have such pretty blue eyes!

Lol about Jabba the Hut. He looks a little petrified. ;)

amatterofhowyouseeit.com said...

I love the tones in the first image as well as the composition. Spring will soon be here!

Michelle Renee said...

Ryn: Thank you, Gretchen. I'm sorry about all the loss in your family. I remember when your husband lost his parents. Such a sad time. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your mother as well. (((Hug)))